I work with people who are ready to make a change. I can help anyone who needs support to make that change. It’s not uncommon for me to see someone with a cluster of conditions (for example, someone may have diabetes, high cholesterol, arthritis, and acid reflux). I also treat people with food sensitivities who may suffer from any combination of symptoms including headaches, IBS, fibromyalgia, allergies, and food related discomfort. The results can be very life changing in a positive way.
We examine how you can best improve your health through diet, exercise, and stress reduction – working with lifestyle rather than medication, as much as possible, as the first line of defense. You can enjoy foods that taste great, look colorful and appealing — that will make you feel and look better! To borrow a phrase from Rip Esselstyn – foods that are your real friends, not your imaginary friends.
I have a background in the arts and try to incorporate a visual component to address diet to make it a more interesting and creative process. I’ll often give clients links to Pinterest boards with photos to inspire them, great healthy food & recipe sites, and videos. I also pay attention to macrobiotics, integrative and functional medicine, and have an interest in herbalism, all of which adds some dimension to my practice.
Documented Evidence shows that your food choices can:
- Strengthen your immune system
- Control your weight
- Tame food sensitivities which can lead to IBS, migraine, brain fog, congestion, fibromyalgia, and other symptoms
- Prevent progressive complications of diabetes (in kidneys, eyesight, cardiovascular and neurological systems)
- Reduce response levels in allergy, arthritis, asthma and
other chronic conditions
- Help keep skin and hair more healthy and beautiful
- Keep joints more youthful
- Reduce aches and pains
- Support eye health and slow down the progress of
cataracts and macular degeneration
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Reduce risk of cancer
- Increase energy levels …and more